5 question to ask a water damage restoration company before hiring them.
1. What is the extent of the damage?
It is important to determine the extent of the water damage before hiring a restoration company. This will help you choose the right company for the job and ensure that the work is completed efficiently and effectively. Some questions you may want to ask include:
• How much of the affected area is wet?
• How long has the water been standing?
• Is the water clean or contaminated?
2. What is your process for water damage restoration?
Different companies may have different approaches to water damage restoration, so it is important to ask about their specific process. Some questions to consider asking include:
• How do you extract the water?
• How do you dry the affected area?
• Do you use any specialized equipment or techniques?
• How do you handle any damaged or contaminated materials?
3. Do you have any certifications or accreditations?
It is important to choose a restoration company that is properly trained and certified to handle water damage. Some relevant certifications and accreditations to look for include:
• Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
• Applied Structural Drying (ASD) certification
• Council-certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS) certification
4. Do you offer any guarantees or warranties?
It is always a good idea to ask about any guarantees or warranties that the company may offer. This can give you added peace of mind and ensure that you are protected in the event that any issues arise during or after the restoration process. Some questions to consider asking include:
• Do you offer any guarantees or warranties on your work?
• Are these guarantees or warranties in writing?
• What do these guarantee or warranties cover?
5. What is your pricing structure and do you offer any financing options?
Cost is an important consideration when hiring a water damage restoration company. Be sure to ask about the company's pricing structure and whether they offer any financing options. Some questions to consider asking include:
• How do you determine your fees?
• Do you offer any discounts or promotions?
• Do you offer any financing options?
• Do you provide a written estimate before starting work?
In summary, it is important to ask a water damage restoration company about the extent of the damage, their restoration process, their certifications and accreditations, any guarantees or warranties they offer, and their pricing structure. Asking these questions can help ensure that you choose the right company for the job and protect yourself in the event that any issues arise during or after the restoration process.